Competition & Regulation
Thomson Geer provides advice on all aspects of competition and regulation, and has acted for and against the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).
We advise and assist clients on all matters including mergers and acquisitions, access regimes, anti-competitive conduct, franchising, authorisations and notifications, marketing and distribution, advertising and promotions, and compliance programs.
Our international and domestic client base includes public and private corporations, major manufacturing and service companies, telecommunications carriers, internet service providers, energy providers, IT companies, and industry associations.
Our services include:
- ACCC authorisations, notifications, and investigations
- Advertising and promotions
- Competition and Consumer Law
- Compliance programs, audits, and training
- Consumer protection issues, including misleading and unconscionable conduct
- Industry specific access and conduct regulation
- Litigation, arbitrations, and dispute resolution
- Marketing and distribution
- Regulated access to essential services and facilities
- Restrictive trade practices, such as price fixing
- Technology related exemptions