Partner - Adelaide
+61 8 8236 1406
Loretta Reynolds has been a partner of the firm since 1998. She was elected as Chairman of the Board of Partners in 2007.
Loretta works full time in mergers and acquisitions and is highly regarded for her ability to achieve commercial results in a timely fashion, and manage and work with a project team.
Loretta is individually recognised in Chambers Asia Pacific (2013 & 2014) in the Private Equity category for her "extensive experience in fund formation, handling of buyouts, and work for superannuation funds", and was "praised for the very well-honed process and consistently high standard of her work, her reliable meeting of deadlines, and her excellence in the fund set-up and management space". Loretta is also recognised as a "thoroughly experienced M&A lawyer" in Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2012), and is ranked as a "preeminent" corporate lawyer (South Australia) in Doyle's Guide (2012). Loretta was recognised as a leader in her field in the Seventh Edition of Best Lawyers' Australia. Published in The Australian Financial Review in April 2014 inclusion was based entirely on peer-review.
Loretta has completed the FINSIA Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment, and the Advanced Insolvency Law and Practice I & II at The University of Queensland. She also has a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Economics from the University of Adelaide. Loretta is a fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and a Senior Fellow of FINSIA.
Recent experience includes:
- Acted on the sale of the Sandvik Materials Technology stock and distribution businesses in Australia and New Zealand to Vulcan Steel, a transaction in excess of $60 million within all States of Australia and New Zealand.
- Acted for the Administrators of ASX-listed Penrice Soda Holdings Limited and the Group's competitive sales process for the Osborne Chemicals plant and the Angaston Quarry asset in 2014. Penrice Soda Products was Australia's sole producer of sodium bicarbonate. The sale of the Angaston quarry occurred on 30 July 2014.
- Acted on the establishment of mid-market private equity firm Adexum Capital which successfully completed AU$50m capital raising.
- Acted for the Willunga Basin Water User Group joint venturers in respect of the sale of the Willunga Water Basin, which included the Christies Beach to McLaren Vale water pipeline and associated water infrastructure and the Willunga Basin Water Company (the company managing the pipeline and associated infrastructure).
- Acted for Jobfit in 2013 in the sale of an 80 per cent stake in its business to a Singapore investor, Fullerton Healthcare. Jobfit is one of Australia's leading occupational healthcare service providers.
- Acted for Pacific Network Global Logistics (PacNet), an Australian based supply chain, freight and logistics company, in the sale to the Maersk Group, one of the largest container ship operators and supply vessel operators in the world.
- Acted for CHAMP Ventures and other shareholders on the sale of Intercast & Forge Pty Ltd to Pandrol Australia Pty Ltd. Intercast & Forge is a casting and forging company servicing industry including rail, mining, and automotive businesses.
Back to Our People