Thomson Geer provides a full range of legal services to franchisors and franchisees.
We provide advice on all franchising matters including intellectual property protection and enforcement, trade practices and competition law compliance, leasing and occupancy issues, agreements and disclosure, occupational health and safety, franchisee renewals or termination, brand expansion and protection, property-related matters, acquisitions, and joint ventures.
Our clients include leading national and international franchise networks in diverse industries such as entertainment, car manufacturing, real estate, personal services, food and beverage, hospitality, petroleum retailing, agriculture, and travel.
Our services to the franchise industry include:
- Acquisition and joint ventures
- Negotiation and drafting of franchise agreements
- Business and tax structures
- Franchisee renewals or termination
- Brand expansion and protection
- Franchising Code of Conduct compliance
- Competition law and consumer protection
- Mediation and dispute resolution
- Enforcement of franchise restraints
- Occupational health and safety
- Property-related advice including property acquisition, leasing, and fit out agreements
- Protecting and enforcing intellectual property rights