Tara specialises in mergers and acquisitions, public and private capital raising, joint ventures and transaction financing. She has worked on a number of recent transactions in varying industries including oil & gas, water, childcare and transport.
Tara has significant experience in managing both public and private mergers and acquisitions from preparation for sale or acquisition, due diligence and negotiation through to completion. She regularly assists listed companies and private investment vehicles to raise further capital through placements, rights issues, share purchase plans and employee share schemes.
Tara has a focus on achieving effective commercial solutions for clients and ensuring each transaction is delivered within the required timeframes and achieves the required outcomes for the client.
Tara is the current treasurer of the South Australian branch of the Australian Minerals and Petroleum Lawyers Association.
Tara has been recognised by Doyles Guide as a “Recommended” lawyer in the areas of corporate & commercial and agribusiness in South Australia (2016 & 2017) and recognised by her peers in Best Lawyers in Australia in the areas of Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law and Private Equity Law (2017 & 2018), and in the areas of Commercial law and Oil & Gas law (2018).
Recent experience includes:
- Advised US based investment fund, Summit Water Development Group, LLC on its divestment of Summit Water Holdings Pty Ltd to Aware Water Holdings Pty Ltd as trustee for the Aware Water Unit Trust.
- Acted for Adexum Capital in the establishment of their second private equity fund, Adexum 2. The matter involved advising on the appropriate structure for the Fund (including both from a corporate, taxation and licensing perspective) and preparing and negotiating all documentation to establish the Fund including Fund Constitutions, Management Agreement, Custodian Agreement and Authorised Representative Agreement.
- Advising an international agricultural company on the structuring, co-investment and acquisition of Australian agricultural interests.
- Acting for oil and gas companies on the divestment, acquisition and farm-in to various permits and interests throughout Australia.
- Acting for various Australian listed entities in raising capital through rights issues, placements and share plans.
- Acting for international chemical supplier in relation to the divestment of certain Australian operations as part of a multi-national transaction.
- Acting on the divestment of a drilling services provider to an international drilling company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange.