Stephen also has experience in the acquisition of aviation businesses and companies, and in documenting joint ventures between aviators and related licensing and ACCC approvals.
Stephen has been recognised by his peers as one of the Best Lawyers in Australia (2016 – 2018) in the area of Banking and Finance Law, and was voted “Lawyer of the Year” (2018) in Banking and Finance. He has also been recognised in Doyle’s Guide (2016) as a pre-eminent lawyer in the area of Banking & Finance in South Australia, and by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific as a recommended lawyer (2017) in the area of Banking and Finance within Australia.
Recent experience includes:
- Advised BankSA for the funding of the Halikos Group, Northern Territory for the construction and development of facilities including the Berrimah Farm subdivision, Kurringal Public Housing Development, H Hotel and Top End Hotel.
- Acting for BankSA in relation to the $85 million construction of a facility for Minda Incorporated by BankSA including Stages 2 and 3 of the Minda redevelopment, including mortgage security over 40 individual properties and the consideration and review of a range of documentation relevant to the construction and utilisation of the completed property.
- Acting for Westpac Banking Coropration in respect of the restructure of facilities provided by its Discovery Parks in respect of properties acquired from the Aspen Trusts including a review of changes to trustees and related ASIC approvals and the lift and replacement of mortgage security in Victoria, New South Wales, Western Australia, Queensland and South Australia.
- Advised Cobham Australia on the successful tender to the A$1 billion CMS04 “Sentinel” contract with the Commonwealth of Australia. This contract is for the provision of surveillance services of the Australian coastline to Australian Customs for up to a 14 year period.
- Advised Bank SA and Westpac Banking Corporation in relation to the documentation and negotiation of property development and project finance transactions involving syndications, “club” transactions and participations, including finance for the construction and operation of hotels and apartment developments, office developments, and warehouse developments in South Australia and the Northern Territory.
- Acting for ARTC in the obtaining of its club facility and involving the review and negotiation of finance documentation, the satisfaction of conditions precedent and related matters.