Simon is a construction and infrastructure expert.
He has advised a variety of principal and contractor clients on some of the major construction and infrastructure projects in Australia. His experience in construction and infrastructure projects ranges from drafting and negotiating project documentation to advising clients in litigation and other forms of dispute resolution. Simon has also advised on a number of significant construction financing and M&A transactions.
Simon has a depth of industry experience having worked on secondment to the legal teams of major players in the construction, transport, road, rail and maritime industries. In addition, Simon has held engineering and management roles on mining and rail projects.
Recent experience includes:
- NorthConnex: Advising a Joint Venture on downstream aspects of the $3 billion NorthConnex project. At 9.1km in length, NorthConnex will be the longest road tunnel project in Australia. Construction of the tunnel began in 2015 and is expected to be completed in 2019.
- Sydney Ports: Advising on the rail issues associated with the 99-year lease of the State-owned port assets of Port Botany and Port Kembla which was awarded to the NSW Ports Consortium for $5.07 billion. Simon advised on the tender and negotiation of the rail asset management contract for the Port Kembla rail network.
- H10 Pacific Highway Upgrade Tintenbar to Ewingsdale: Advising on the $530M H10 Pacific Highway Upgrade Tintenbar to Ewingsdale project for the design and construction of motorway standard link upgrade for approximately 16.32 kilometres of highway.
- Burwood Data Centre: Simon was the lead advisor to a big four Australian bank on the design and construction of an upgrade to the bank’s Data Centre. The upgrade works were performed in a live, operating environment and the project was awarded the Asia Pacific ‘Data Centre Transformation Project of the Year’ for 2016.
- York&George: Simon was the lead advisor to the successful tenderer for the design and construction of York & George, a 38 storey mixed residential and retail development in Sydney’s CBD.
- Collins Square: Advising a big four Australian bank on the design, construction and lease of commercial office space in building 4B which forms part of the Collins Square development in Melbourne. The Collins Square development consists of 4 commercial towers including open plaza areas, secure parking, retail levels and pedestrian access.Si