Sian has more than 30 years’ experience in the property industry and has acted in a wide variety of property transactions for a broad range of clients, including property developers, private owners, receivers and managers, and organisations in the public sector.
With the assistance of a network of property consultants, Sian provides commercial property legal advice across a range of sectors, including office, retail, aviation, and industrial and rural developments.
Whether acting for vendors, purchasers, receivers, or managers of properties, Sian provides expert advice on the preparation of tender and contract documentation, the negotiation of contract documentation, and the undertaking of detailed due diligence investigations.
Sian also has extensive expertise on leasing matters involving major building works, fit out works, incentives, environmental, Green Star & NABERS issues, telecommunication, aviation, and statutory requirements issues.
Sian has recently been acknowledged by The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific (2018) for her work in the Real Estate space.
Sian has been recognised by her peers as one of the Best Lawyers in Australia in the areas of Real Property (2016 – 2019) and Leasing (2017 – 2019). She was voted as “Lawyer of the Year” (2018) in The Best Lawyers in Australia in the area of Leasing. She has also been recognised in Doyle’s Guide (2015 – 2018) for her work in the South Australia’s property & real estate market.
Sian is a councillor of the Property Council of Australia (South Australian Division).
Recent experience includes:
- Advising Adelaide Airport Ltd on Commonwealth land, aviation related issues, application of State and Federal law, leasing and property related matters including negotiation with public sector lessees and licensees, private owners and property developers involving major development works, fit out works, incentives, environmental, Green Star and NABERS issues, telecommunication, easements, car parking, aviation apron licences and statutory requirements issues.
- Acting for a public sector client regarding a half interest in a 34 storey A grade, 5 star Green Star office building in Brisbane’s CBD. Undertaking due diligence, negotiation of contract, co-ownership documentation, consideration of numerous easements, warranties, PPSR releases, and property management issues.
- Advising in relation to the preparation of tender and contract documentation, and the negotiation of contract documentation. Undertaking detailed due diligence investigations and reporting, including acting for a public sector purchaser of a 5 star Green Star office building in Perth’s CBD.
- Acting for receivers and managers dealing with sale of commercial properties, vacant land, and Northern Territory cattle stations.
- Advising developers in relation to leasing and development documentation for the complex community title Flinders Link Development in Adelaide.