Sherif Mouakkassa has 25 years’ experience as a lawyer and since 2000 has specialised in providing legal services to the gaming and leisure industry.
He has extensive experience in all areas of liquor and gaming law and the law relating to registered clubs and the gaming and leisure industry, including club amalgamations, large scale commercial and property transactions, corporate advice and general litigation.
Sherif primarily acts for registered and licensed clubs but has acted for gaming machine manufacturers and licensees, wine producers and other corporate and non-corporate clients.
Sherif Mouakkassa’s recent experience includes:
- Acting on many commercial property transactions, including large scale sales and purchases, leases and developments.
- Acting for Rooty Hill RSL Club Ltd on aspects of its development of its AMF Bowling facility and Sydney Gymnastic and Aquatic Centre.
- Acting for Revesby Workers’ Club Ltd on aspects of its mixed use development, including gaming and liquor licensing issues.
- Acting on the successful conclusion of many club amalgamations, including amalgamations of: South Hurstville RSL Club Ltd with Hurstville RSL Memorial Club Ltd; Castle Hill RSL Club Ltd with Lynwood Country Club Ltd; and Eastern Suburbs Leagues Club Ltd with Woy Woy & District Rugby League Football Club Ltd.
- Acting for Scientific Games Corporation Inc regarding transfer of gaming licenses throughout Australia following its acquisition of WMS Gaming Inc and Bally Technologies Inc.
- Acting for Wagga RSL Club Ltd in relation to its successful opposition of an almost 20 fold increase in the gaming machine threshold under the Gaming Machines Act 2001 (NSW) of a nearby bowling club.