Sanushka Seomangal specialises in equity and debt capital markets, corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions (M&A). She assists her clients with a combination of technical expertise and personalised service in public and private equity and debt fundraising, initial public offerings (IPOs), and M&A involving both private and listed companies in Australian and cross-border transactions.
Her legal expertise includes advice on the Corporations Act, compliance with ASX listing rules, corporate restructuring, corporate governance issues and the duties of directors across various industry sectors including resources, financial markets, technology, internet products and aviation.
Her practice is largely cross-border with an Asia-focus and she has expertise in capital markets and M&A transactions involving clients in the People’s Republic of China, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Indonesia and India, as well as capital markets and M&A transactions involving clients in the USA and the UK.
Amongst her professional achievements, Sanushka was named by the Australian Financial Review as one of the 100 Women of Influence in Australia 2018.
She has a particular interest in India and is a co-founder and director of the School of Policy and Governance (SPG), co-founder of the Australia India Youth Dialogue (AIYD), National Vice Chair of the Australia India Business Council (AIBC) and member of the board of the Australia India Council (AIC).
Sanushka is a member of Women on Boards and UN Women, and in 2015 was a finalist in the Lawyers Weekly Women in Law Awards. She is also a mentor in Macquarie University’s Lucy Mentoring Program.
In the past she has also been a member of the NSW Government Ministerial Consultative Committee representing the Indian community in NSW, Chair of the Young Professionals Chapter AIBC and a member of Philanthropy Australia’s New Generation of Giving (New Gen).
Sanushka Seomangal’s recent experience includes:
- Acting for Uniti Wireless Ltd on its successful initial public offering and listing (ASX).
- Acting for Qbiotics Group Limited on its successful offer of shares.
- Acting for Axsesstoday Ltd on it successful offer of simple corporate bonds, circa $55 million, only the fourth of its kind in Australia.
- Acting for Pro-Pac Packaging Limited on its acquisition of the Target (Perfection Packaging Pty Ltd and Perfection Packaging Unit Trust), and its underwritten $59.8 million capital raising (by a way of 2 tranche placement and share purchase plan) to fund the acquisition.
- Acting for Ebiquity plc in relation to the Australian aspects of its disposal of its AdIntel business to Nielsen Media Research Limited, a subsidiary of Nielsen Holdings plc, a global measurement and data analytics company.