Mark Feetham has more than 20 years’ experience practising in the areas of technology, telecommunications and outsourcing.
He has extensive experience advising on systems integration agreements, outsourcing transactions, cloud computing contracts, smart grids, telecommunications regulation and competition issues, network rollout agreements, wireless networks and services, broadband services (including Fibre, ADSL, Cable, 3G and 4G wireless), content licensing, and IT contracting with NBN Co.
Mark advises leading technology suppliers, including international and domestic telecommunications companies and international IT companies as well as technology users including stock exchanges, financial institutions and government agencies.
Mark has recently been acknowledged by The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific (2018 & 2019) for his work in the IT and Telecoms space.
Mark has been recognised by his peers in Best Lawyers in Australia in the area of Information Technology Law (2017 – 2020), Privacy and Data Security Law (2020)and his peers and clients in Doyle’s Guide 2015 as a recommended lawyer in the technology, media and telecommunications space in New South Wales.
Mark Feetham’s recent experience includes:
- Advising Housing NSW on the procurement of a public housing management system from Northgate Public Services.
- Advising ASX on the acquisition of new technology from a Swedish company to support and operate a new share trading platform.
- Advising ASX on multiple mission critical contracts for the installation of new trading platforms for the securities and futures markets, risk management systems, market surveillance systems and related market management systems and mission critical support and service level arrangements for those systems.
- Advising Vodafone Hutchinson Australia on customer terms and conditions, customer contracts, customer tariffs, global customer agreements, backhaul agreements, regulatory requirements, premium mobile services, wholesale agreements, dealer agreements, resale, spam and “do not call” obligations, and privacy obligations.
- Advising Amcom on contracts with major customers, fibre network rollouts, cloud computing services and major customer tenders.
- Advising Fujitsu on its contract to rollout the NBN in greenfields housing estates. Advising energy companies on granting NBN Co access to their power pole networks.
- Advising Financial Synergy in relation to a project with a New South Wales Government Authority under which the Government outsourced the administration of all New South Wales public sector superannuation accounts.