Luke is a specialist construction lawyer with more than 18 years’ experience.
Luke has extensive experience acting for a range of developers, contractors, and specialist sub-contractors on various development projects including commercial and industrial developments, large infrastructure, high-rise residential, and health and aged care facilities.
Luke has both front-end and back-end construction expertise. He has a thorough understanding of industry standard contracts and regularly drafts and negotiates construction contracts on behalf of industry participants. Luke advises on all aspects of contract administration, risk management, and risk allocation for construction projects. He also acts on behalf of parties in construction disputes, including litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
Luke sits on the Arbitration Liaison Committee of the Law Society of New South Wales, is a member of the National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC), and the Society of Construction Law.
Recent experience includes:
- Prepared and negotiated form of Design and Construct Contract (based on Amended AS4300) for Merivale Street JV for the design and construction of twin high rise residential towers in Merivale Street, South Brisbane, known as ‘The Ivy and Eve’ apartments, with J Hutchinson Pty Limited.
- Prepared and negotiated form of Managing Contractor Agreement for Greengate, incorporating a Design and Construct Contract (based on Amended AS4902) for the design and construction of a residential aged care development in Kogarah, NSW, with the Contractor, Brookfield Multiplex.
- Prepared and negotiated form of Managing Contractor Agreement for Scalabrini Village, incorporating a Construct only Contract (based on Amended AS4000) using an Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) project procurement method for the construction of a residential aged care facility in Mary Street, Drummoyne.
- Advising Revesby Workers’ Club in relation to the preparation of various construction contracts and related agreements in connection with the estimated A$100 million redevelopment of the Club.
- Preparing an amended AS4906 form of Contract for the construction of the Diamond Gaming Lounge for Mounties Group.
- Acting for St Vincent’s Hospital in preparing the construction agreements, including a Managing Contractor Agreement for design and construction of the new private hospital at Darlinghurst.