Kane has more than 12 years’ experience as a construction, engineering and infrastructure lawyer.
He acts for a range of major Australian and international companies in both contentious and non-contentious matters including:
- advising in respect of project delivery methods and the preparation of project documentation;
- advising parties during project delivery on issues of project administration and risk management; and
- acting for principals, contractors and subcontractors in managing and resolving complex construction disputes.
Kane also has extensive experience in the preparation of claims and responses and the conduct of adjudications under the Security of Payment legislation in Victoria and Queensland.
Recent experience includes:
- Acting for an international manufacturer of coal stacking and reclaiming equipment in a protracted dispute against a Queensland Government Authority in relation to the upgrade of the Abbot Point Coal Terminal.
- Acting for the head contractor on a significant freeway construction project providing strategic legal and commercial advice on contract administration, dispute management (including Security of Payment Act issues) and claim preparation.
- Acting for the contractor in an arbitration against a regional water authority in relation to disputes arising out of a large-scale horizontal directional drilling project at Curtis Island, Queensland.