Jeffrey has practised as a taxation and commercial advisor since 1999. He is a Chartered Tax Advisor, and is accredited by the Law Institute of Victoria as a tax law specialist.
He has extensive experience in taxation issues affecting a variety of clients. Jeffrey provides advice and assistance on the establishment, operation, restructuring, acquisition and sale of entities, businesses and investments to clients including privately-held groups, public companies, high-wealth families and superannuation funds. He regularly provides specialist taxation advice to accounting firms and their clients.
Jeffrey also prepares commercial transaction and implementation documentation such as trust deeds and variations, restructuring and sale agreements, shareholder and partnership agreements, commercial agreements, private ruling applications and duty exemption applications.
Jeffrey is a widely-published writer on taxation issues, having written many articles and presentations on taxation topics. He regularly presents at tax seminars and discussion groups, and is a former State Councillor of The Tax Institute.
Jeffrey has been recognised by Doyle’s Guide 2016 – 2018 as a recommended tax lawyer in Victoria.
Recent experience includes:
- Restructuring and refinancing of a services business conducted via a complex series of corporate and partnership structures.
- Restructuring of a telecommunications corporate group to facilitate capital-raising from sophisticated investor
- Restructuring of receivables for a global consulting services group.
- Restructuring of trust arrangements following divorce.
- Share and debt structuring for an automotive services company.
- Acting for the vendors of a manufacturing business under an earnout arrangement.
- Advising on the buyout by a health insurer of minority interests in subsidiary companies.
- Advising the developer of a premium apartment project.
- Geared related-party acquisition of commercial property by the trustee of a SMSF.
- Advising on superannuation entitlements following the death of a fund member.