Jeffrey has practised as a taxation advisor since 1999 in both legal and accounting firms, and is accredited by the Law Institute of Victoria as a tax law specialist.
He has extensive experience in taxation issues affecting a variety of clients. Jeffrey provides advice on the establishment, operation, restructuring and sale of entities, businesses and investments to clients including privately-held groups, listed companies, high-wealth families and superannuation funds.
Jeffrey provides specialist advice to accounting firms on all tax issues affecting their clients. He also prepares commercial transaction and implementation documentation such as trust deeds, employee share plans, sale agreements and commercial agreements.
Jeffrey is a widely-published writer on taxation issues, having written many articles and presentations on taxation topics. He regularly presents at tax seminars and discussion groups, and is currently a State Councillor of The Tax Institute.
Jeffrey has been recognised by Doyle’s Guide 2016 as a recommended tax lawyer in Victoria.
Recent experience includes:
- Providing taxation advice to a vendor upon the sale of shares in a biotechnology company under an earnout arrangement.
- Design and implementation of an employee share scheme for a partly-owned subsidiary of an ASX-listed company.
- Advising a green energy start-up to facilitate capital-raising from sophisticated investors.
- Restructuring of a family-controlled enterprise in anticipation of listing on the ASX.
- Related-party acquisition of commercial property by the trustee of a SMSF.