Jason has extensive experience in advising banks and other financial lenders, insolvency practitioners, boards, senior management and shareholders on a range of banking and finance issues, including secured and unsecured recoveries, insolvency, restructuring, turnaround and governance matters.
Aside from his legal career, Jason has gained a wealth of practical experience as a managing director of a medium sized manufacturing and sales business in Queensland.
Recent experience includes:
- Acting as Panel Lawyer for both retail recoveries and asset management teams of Bank of Queensland Limited, Westpac Banking Corporation Limited and Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited in enforcement of securities, prosecuting court proceedings for the recovery of debts and possession of land, undertaking security reviews and appointment of controllers.
- Acting for leading insolvency accountants including FTI Consultants, BDO, PPB Advisory, KordaMentha, McGrathNicol and Grant Thornton in relation to receiverships appointments by Banks, spanning an array of industry sectors such as property developments, hotel and motel businesses, agribusiness, childcare, franchises and pharmaceutical businesses.
- Acting for BOQ Equipment Finance Limited in relation to the recovery of secured equipment and advising on Personal Property Security Act priority disputes.
- Advising and acting for key stakeholders in board spill battles involving Buderim Ginger Limited, Norco Co-operative Limited, Orchard Funds Limited and Australian Dentists Practice Assistance Company Limited.
- Advising Buderim Ginger Limited, Norco Co-operative Limited, Lowan Australia Limited, Infrastructure Capital Trust and others in relation to insolvent trading risks, refinancing and the restructure of interests.