Henrik has over 30 years’ experience in the field of commercial dispute resolution.
Henrik’s areas of expertise include general contractual and commercial disputes, property disputes, misleading and deceptive conduct, banking and finance litigation, partnership and shareholder disputes, contaminated land litigation injunctions (primarily in the Supreme and Federal Courts), and ASIC investigations.
Henrik has acted for a range of clients including large private companies, small public companies, accountants, property developers, technology and entertainment companies, financial institutions, and Government instrumentalities.
Recent experience includes:
- Successfully acted in long running and vigorously defended proceedings in the Supreme Court of Victoria. The Melbourne Fire and Emergency Services Board (MFESB), brought a claim for compensation under section 62A(2) of the Environment Protection Act 1970 (together with other claims) against the Yarra City Council following the discovery of a bluestone pit containing coal tar and other pollution in 2005 during excavations for the construction of the MFESB training facility at Richmond.
- Acted in a Supreme Court claim on behalf of numerous Fullshare companies regarding the Laguna Quays Resort in Queensland. When the matter went to trial in 2015 there were twelve defendants, of which Fullshare was one, seven third parties and fourth parties. Three legal firms were parties to the proceeding. There were multiple causes of actions against multiple parties. The proceeding was set down for several weeks. It settled, on favourable terms to Fullshare, on day five of the trial.
- Acted for Viewpoint, a US Company and their Australian subsidiary, 4Projects, in a matter regarding a dispute of breach of agreement relating to a licensing agreement in respect of software.
- Acting for two out of 11 defendants and three third parties (including two well-known legal firms), in the Victorian Supreme Court and Commercial Court proceedings commenced by AED Oil Ltd relating to allegations of breach of fiduciary duty, constructive trusts, amongst other matters.
- Acted for seven of the defendants in the fiercely contested high profile litigation commenced by Gunns Limited in the Major Torts list of the Victorian Supreme Court.
- Acting for Symbion Health Ltd in relation to a claim brought by Healthscope (Tasmania) Pty Ltd & Anor. The case related to construction of a series of agreements (Healthscope (Tasmania) Pty Ltd & Anor v Australian Hospital Care Pty Ltd and Symbion Health Ltd  VSC 132).