George acts for a range of clients in relation to their obligations under federal, state and international taxation systems in various sectors including funds management, financial services, energy & resources, agriculture, property development and not-for-profit.
He has extensive experience in taxation advisory as well as dispute resolution with federal and state revenue authorities.
George regularly advises on commercial transactions as well as equity and property fund establishments and acquisitions.
George is a Chartered Tax Advisor. He regularly presents at industry events and has authored articles for the Tax Institute, LexisNexis and other industry publications.
George has made numerous submissions on behalf of clients on legislative and regulatory reform. He has also assisted in drafting legislative amendments with federal and state treasury offices and sought class/special orders for clients from various federal regulators.
George has been recognised by Doyle’s Guide (2016 – 2017) as a recommended and 2018 as leading tax lawyer in South Australia, and has been recognised by his peers as one of the Best Lawyers in Australia in the area of Trusts and Estates (2018 – 2020), and Tax Law (2019 & 2020).
Recent experience includes:
- Advising large private groups and ASX listed companies on business structuring and mergers and acquisitions.
- Acting for clients against the ATO and state/territory revenue offices in taxation litigation matters and advising clients on audit management.
- Advising investors and managers of listed and unlisted private equity and property funds in relation to structuring, acquisitions and divestments.
- Advising property developers on income tax, GST and state taxes in relation to structuring and undertaking domestic and foreign developments.
- Advising private and listed multinationals on structuring inbound and outbound business establishments and acquisitions.
- Advising private and listed miners and explorers on tax and duty issues arising from acquisitions, farm-in and divestment activities.
- Advising Australian discretionary mutual funds on domestic and international taxation and regulatory issues.