David’s practice includes all areas of property, infrastructure, and contract law. He has significant experience in the negotiation and documentation of property acquisitions and disposals, and associated due diligence processes.
David has significant experience acting for property developers, purchasers, vendors, government agencies, financiers, leading corporates, landlords, and tenants with respect to development projects, sales and purchases, leasing, building contracts, land divisions, and community titles.
David is valued for the quality of his advice which is focused on the achievement of outcomes to meet transaction critical deadlines.
David holds an economics degree and has lectured with the Australian Securities Institute on various legal matters affecting property investment analysis.
David has been recognised by his peers as one of the Best Lawyers in Australia (2016 – 2018) in the area of Real Property Law and Construction/Infrastructure law, and in Doyle’s Guide (2016 – 2017) as a pre-eminent lawyer in the South Australian property & real estate legal market: one of the top three lawyers in the State in this area.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising Hindmarsh on all aspects of the Ergo Development in Sturt Street, Adelaide. The matter has involved advising in relation to the client’s original response to the RFPs issued by the Adelaide City Council, site acquisition, off the plan residential apartment sale contracts, community titling, finance and attending to settlement.
- Advising the South Australian National Football League Inc (SANFL) on the disposal of AAMI Stadium (Football Park). The site is to be developed on a stage by stage basis with the developer gaining control on a progressive basis. The 23.5ha site will be redeveloped to include around 1600 homes along with cafes, restaurants and a “boutique shopping strip”.
- Advising vendors/purchasers on the sale and purchase of landmark office/retail buildings, ‘off the plan’ residential apartments, agricultural holdings (such as vineyards), and iconic industrial and sporting/recreational sites for redevelopment.
- Advising on ‘front end’ construction to contractors and subcontractors, and advising developers (including wind farm developers) on all aspects of development projects.
- Advising State Government agencies on the potential sale by tender, expressions of interest, registrations of interest, and invitation for private treaty offers of broadacre land for residential development.
- Advises on arrangements in relation to shared infrastructure (ASR wetlands, storm water, and roads) to be designed and constructed for the benefit of multiple developers of broadacre land, and the preparation of documentation for affordable housing projects.