Dan is an experienced corporate lawyer with extensive domestic and international experience across a broad range of industries including technology, pharmaceutical, telecommunications, media, energy and resources, manufacturing, and retail.
Dan specialises in mergers and acquisitions (including acting for private equity funds in the acquisition and divestment of portfolio companies), fundraisings, energy and resources projects, and general commercial and corporate contracts.
Dan has an excellent appreciation of the commercial and legal drivers and is able to think creatively and provide effective solutions. He is a member of the Australian Venture Capital Association and AMPLA.
Recent experience includes:
- Acted for private equity firm, Anacacia Capital in relation to its acquisition of the iconic Big River Group. Big River is a manufacturer and distributor of timber and steel formwork products, timber flooring, structural plywood and other related timber products.
- Advised the shareholders of the Oceania Oncology Group on their divestment to Icon Cancer Care (backed by Quadrant Private Equity).
- Advised private equity firm, Anacacia Capital on its divestment of Rafferty’s Garden (Australia’s leading natural baby food company) to PZ Cussons Plc.
- Acted on the sale of Consolidated Power Projects (a leading Australian electrical engineering company that specialises in providing project engineering and construction services for electrical infrastructure) to Quanta Services, Inc. (listed on NYSE).
- Acted on the acquisition of Austmel Pty Ltd by Swedish-based Getinge Group. Getinge Group operates in the areas of surgery, intensive care, infection control, care ergonomics and wound care and currently generates sales of SEK 25 billion.
- Acted for Montech Holdings Limited (listed on ASX) on their acquisitions of Skoolbag Pty Ltd and the Tetran Group.
- Acted for private equity firm Anacacia Capital in relation to its investment in Acculec and its acquisition of Bri-Tech and Energy Correction Options. Acculec is a company focussed on products and services for the construction and maintenance of electrical infrastructure – utilities, civil and resources sectors.
- Acted for Global Capital and Investec Australia Limited on their investment into lighting wholesaler Evolt Pty Ltd and the subsequent acquisition of Atom Lighting Pty Ltd.
- Advised the shareholders of Macromatix Holdings in relation to the acquisition by Redbook Connect LLC (a TPG Growth investee company).
- Acted for The Valspar Corporation (USA) in relation to its funding facilities for the acquisition of Australian paint manufacturer Wattyl Limited.
- Acted for Mizhuho International and a consortium of members in relation to the acquisition and restructuring of Gympie Eldorado Gold Limited.
- Acted for a leading Japanese oil, gas and metal corporation in its joint venture exploration projects in Australia, South America, and Mongolia.