Claire is an experienced commercial litigation specialist having practised in Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia and federal jurisdictions. She has particular experience in large complex commercial litigation and commercial arbitration.
Claire’s industry experience spans the agribusiness, oil & gas, mining & energy, corporate and superannuation sectors. She has experience working for large national and international companies including publicly listed companies on some of their more complex litigation.
Claire has advised in matters concerning complex contractual disputes such as those involving joint venture arrangements; strategic management of potential litigation involving complex financial products and obligations. She has also advised on the merits and risk of exposure in potential litigation at a board level.
Recent experience includes:
- Conduct of large International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) private arbitration in Australia in the construction industry.
- Advising and acting for a large energy and resources company in relation to infrastructure disputes (primarily environmental management).
- Advising and representing a liquidator in a large audit negligence claim in the Federal Court of Australia concerning managed investment schemes.
- Advising and acting for a range of companies in the agribusiness sector concerning joint venture disputes and financial products.
- Successful prosecution and defence of interim injunction applications and interlocutory injunction proceedings including restraint of trade issues; preventing a party from calling on a letter of credit.