Cameron White has extensive experience in litigation in the Supreme, District and Magistrates’ Court of South Australia, the Federal Court and the Federal Circuit Courts of Australia and specialist tribunals including the ASX Appeals Tribunal.
He works predominantly in insolvency related litigation with an emphasis on secured and unsecured debt recoveries as well as general litigation.
Cameron has been recognised by Doyle’s Guide as a ‘Rising Star’ in Commercial Litigation, Dispute Resolution & Insolvency Law in Australia (2018).
He has also been involved in mediations and other forms of alternative dispute resolution options.
Cameron White’s recent experience includes:
- Acting for liquidators in various claims including:
- Negligent audit claim against a firm of auditors in the Federal Court of Australia in an action claiming damages of over $35 million.
- Claim against a party for breach of duties in exercising a power of sale under a mortgage.
- Preference claims and claims based on breach of director duties.
- Issues of proceedings through to judgment enforcement and recovery of money.
- Advising and representing creditors in the appointment of liquidators and other insolvency practitioners.
- Acting for publicly listed companies in proceedings in the Supreme Court of South Australia and the ASX Appeals Tribunal.