Andrew has over 17 years’ experience in providing specialist workplace relations, employment and safety advice, representation, and training to leading private and public sector employers.
Recognised in Doyle’s Guide (2015 & 2016) as a recommended lawyer in the Queensland employment law market, Andrew helps manage all relationships in the workplace and has an extensive client base, including employers in projects and construction, transport, utilities, hospitality, gaming, retail and financial services.
Andrew appears regularly before State and Federal Commissions, Tribunals and Courts, across the full spectrum of workplace issues. He regularly advises and represents employers in relation to:
- Unfair dismissal, general protections, and discrimination claims
- Post-employment restraints
- Transfer of business, redundancy, change management, and restructuring
- Enterprise bargaining, industrial disputes, and right of entry
- Compliance with State and Federal Building Codes
- Executive termination issues
- Fair Work Ombudsman investigations, with a particular focus on contracting
- Workplace bullying
- Safety prosecutions
- Performance management
- Workplace investigations
- Managing ill or injured workers
- Discrimination claims
An engaging speaker, Andrew presents training across the country on practical steps to manage obligations through effective, ongoing due diligence, and preventative management.
Recent experience includes:
- Acting in Supreme Court injunctions to prevent former employees working with a competitor during the restraint period and/or misusing confidential information.
- Advising a leading demolition company about compliance with State and Federal Building Codes.
- Presenting safety training across regional Queensland and beyond for a State government department and a leading tier one constructor. This training addressed safety leadership, effective due diligence, and contractor management.
With “Stitched Up Jazz”, the band of The Brisbane Club, Andrew regularly performs for the benefit of charitable causes including the Leukemia Foundation, Youngcare, the Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section), and the launch of the MND and Me Foundation.