Thomson Geer provides legal services to government and government instrumentalities at all levels.
We provide advice and assistance on matters including major project work, asset sales, land acquisition and compensation, tendering and procurement, governance, legislation, regulations and powers, legislative lobbying, matters of privatisation, public-private partnerships, joint ventures, statutory interpretation and administrative law.
We know that navigating government and regulatory regimes requires not only legal knowledge but also an approach that focuses on cutting through complexity in order to achieve objectives. Our Government Team has extensive experience in this area, and we work closely with TG Endeavour Public Affairs when a greater insight into the political landscape is beneficial to our clients.
If disputes arise, or an impasse is reached, we have a strong litigation and alternative dispute resolution practice. However, our aim is to work collaboratively wherever possible, whether we are acting for decision-makers or applicants, utilising our relationships and experience that have been built upon years of providing accurate, commercial and pragmatic advice.
Our clients include government corporations, authorities and statutory bodies, state and federal government departments, private sector tenderers, developers, and financiers.
Our services include:
- Administrative law
- Commercial and contractual negotiations and disputes
- Competition and consumer law
- Corporate governance
- Corporatisation and privatisation
- Employment and workplace relations
- Financing and funding
- Freedom of information and privacy advice
- Information technology
- Infrastructure development
- Intellectual property
- Joint ventures and alliances
- Legislative requirements and review
- Major project advice
- Policy advice
- Preparation of tender documents, contracts, and project documentation
- Property law including acquisitions, disposals, and leasing
- Statutory interpretation and compliance advice