Thomson Geer assists clients to identify, acquire, exploit, and enforce intellectual property assets.
Our clients include major manufacturers, technology owners and developers, listed life sciences and biotechnology companies, communications and media organisations, software developers and resellers, publishers, internet service providers, major retailers, franchise and distribution networks, advertising agencies, marketing companies, universities, and government departments.
We act for leading Australian and global brands to protect and commercialise intellectual property assets and, where necessary, enforce their rights within Australia and internationally.
Our services include:
- Advice on all forms of intellectual property protection and allied rights
- Commercialisation of assets
- Copyright advice and litigation
- Cross-border maintenance and enforcement
- Designs registration and proceedings
- Development of management policies and frameworks
- Drafting and negotiating manufacturing, licensing, and distribution agreements
- Patent litigation
- Research and development agreements, including collaborative research arrangements
- Reviewing advertising copy for compliance with trade practice laws, media regulations, and codes of conduct
- Structuring assets and ownership
- Trade mark registrations, portfolio management, oppositions, removal actions, and proceedings
- Worldwide trade mark, patent, and design searches